|so this weekend was uber-fucking busy for me. got my car back friday night, when i went to out to kona grill w/my brother and to see smokin aces (damn good movie btw). woke up round 8 to go to guard practice at 9. got done with guard and got home round 2. lazed about for like half an hour b4 i left to shop for a gift for my mom. did that until like 7 when i went to my bro's house to play games, but fell asleep instead. woke up round 11, when i went to a bar to celebrate my mom's 50th. was there till 1 when i went home, showered and left to hang out w/my bro and my pseudo bf. did that until 6 when i had to work. worked until 3 and tra-la-la'd to bowling. bowled until 6 and went promptly home. tried to hang out with everyone here, but felt myself falling asleep, so i laid down for the night. didn't wake up until 5:30ish to get ready for work. and that was my weekend, yay. ttyl, peace.|
so, i know it's been a while since i updated but here's what's up.
1. sorta seeing this guy. he has a real name, but everyone just calls him squeaky. he's one of my brother's ex-co-workers, so he's kind of a nerd, but he makes me happy
2. guard is going well. my the ia guard has all of their drill now and senior should have all of ours by tomorrow night. the drill totally makes the show. and the shows are both so hot. i can't wait for our first competition. which brings us too...
3. COMPETITIONS!!! come to one. every saturday in feb sans feb 17 i have a competition. check the hcga website (http://www.heartlandcga.org) for more details.
4. i got my new sabre yesterday. my old style plus sabre (aka giant piece of crap) broke on me, so i ordered a king sabre. it's amazing. it spins so wonderfully and oh god i love it
5. if you haven't yet, go see dreamgirls. it is an awe inspiring movie. powerful singers, beautiful costumes, glamorous sets, and beyonce. does a movie need any more?
6. I MOVE IN 8 DAYS!!! my brother's new house, that him, i and my parents are moving into will be done next week and we can move in. it's a 4 bed / 2 1/2 bath with an amazing kitchen, and a fireplace, and a garage, and a backyard i can actually spin in w/o falling into a ditch. the house is beautiful. i want to move now. i hate my room by comparison.
ok, so i must go. ttyl
|so, for those of you who haven't heard by now, i was in a car accident on monday. i shall explain what happened here thus i won't have to recount it all about 10 times later. i was in a rush to get to work as i was running late; erego, i didn't have time to scrape my windows and i have the wiper fluid with anti-freeze for my front window. i was getting ready to merge on to the interstate, i had checked my bilnd spot and didn't see any headlights, so i assumed it was ok to go. appearently, there was a dump truck there and it's headlights are higher and further up than i could see. i hit the dump truck with the driver's side of my car. I busted my rim, punctured my tire and now my brights won't turn off. i am ok physically, but am just emotionally screwed for a little bit. i had to change my tire, and the men in the dump truck were only half helpful in this sense. i had to break out the owner's manual as i have never been in an accident b4, let alone had to change a tire. i felt real stupid. yeah, hopefully the rest of the week will go better. ttyl, peace.|
|so my guardies had their first real competition where i got actual color guard scores, the previous comps didn't judge color guard seperately. and i got 81 out of 100 for composition with my guardies scoring 73 out of 100 for execution, which is pretty damn good for their first year doing anything of this caliber. i was totally stoked. it really excites me for next year, when we will actually have time to plan out a show and a get an early start on the season. amy and steph's school took 3rd overall. then after the comp, we and steph's bf matt went to old chicago with his uber hot.friends keith and mark (keitth claims to be 40 but only looks like 26 maybe, so hott) had a great talk about the state of marching band in the midwest. in other news, i am in the middle of a 10 day work week (welcome to day #6). needless to say i cannot wait for friday around 3 when i can be done for a while. at least until saturday morning when my other school has a competition. ttyl, peace.|
side note: my alma mater's guardies had a little bit of an issue on saturday. i don't know what kind of scores i got for them since abe hasn't given me the sheets, but they fucking forgot their silks at the school. they didn't realize it until they were halfway to the competition site and their sponsor had to go get it. those bitches drive me crazy sometimes.
|so, i've been dividing my time between 3 different jobs right now. target, thomas jefferson, and bryan ( i guess i can't consider bryan a job at the moment, since i don't appear to be getting paid). yeah, running on fumes somedays, it's crazy. tomorrow, i'm at tj in the morning, cashier during miday at target and bryan that night to teach them their closer i sort of half assed wrote today (again, not paying me, don't care as much). it'll look good either way, cuz i am just that amazing (and modest), and because i won't let crap go on the field w/ my name on it. i have never so tired and at times, so fulfilled in my life. someday i shall sleep, that will be a good day.|